The community of established entrepreneurs in and around Louisville is filled with people who want to see other local entrepreneurs learn, grow and succeed.
Without fail, these more-established entrepreneurs are smart, hard-working and very busy. But, when asked to volunteer their time to help others – even on nights and weekends – they say “yes.”
It takes a lot of these people to have a successful Startup Weekend Louisville. We need a panel of judges who have deep business experience across a wide range of industries. We need an array of mentors who are willing to spend hours of their own time working with each team, asking probing questions and offering insights derived from their own experience. And, we need a keynote speaker with a strong entrepreneurial track record to kick everything off on Friday night.
At Startup Weekend Louisville we set a very high standard for the people we recruit to these roles. But once again this Fall, over a dozen leading members of the entrepreneurial community have agreed to help with our event. Let’s meet some of them:
- Mike Davis – Co-founder and CEO of Appriss. Appriss is a Louisville success story – founded in 1994, Appriss provides innovative software-based services that help hundreds of local, state, and federal criminal justice agencies keep communities safe and informed.
- Katie Bush – Founder & Creative Director, KBD
- Steve Huey – CEO, Capture Higher Ed
- Bob Marino – CEO, CafePress
- Elizabeth Rounsavall – Director of Research & Analytics, Chrysalis Ventures
- Tony Schy – Managing Director, Velocity Indiana
Think you’ve got a killer idea for a new business? These are the people you’ll need to convince.
- Robin Alston – CTO, FacilityONE
- Dave Durand – President – Forest Giant
- Terry Goertz – Data Scientist, Appriss
- Bob Saunders – Managing Director, Saunders Capital
- Taylor Trusty – President, Blackstone Media
- Jackie Willmot – COO, XLerateHealth
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better opportunity to interact with this range of talented people. Startup Weekend Louisville is your chance to work together in a fun, hands-on environment, with others from across a spectrum of both new and established entrepreneurs, developers and designers, angel investors, academics and anyone else who wants to learn about jump-starting a new idea into a business.
If you want to experience Startup Weekend Louisville for yourself, you can sign up here: swlouisville0913.eventbrite.com.